Who are the smartest and the most intelligent IITians you know? by Nisarg Leuva
Answer by Nisarg Leuva:
Dr. Raghuram G. Rajan – The Legend Economist.
- B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. (Gold Medalist)
- MBA from Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (Gold Medalist)
- PhD from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Economic Counselor and Director of Research at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) from September 2003 till January 2007.
- International Reputation for predicting the 2008 global financial Crisis.
- Author of a popular book Fault Lines: How Hidden Fractures Still Threaten the World Economy
- Former Chief Economic Adviser to the Finance Ministry.
- Former RBI Governor. (4th September, 2013 to 4th September, 2016)
AWARDS, HONORS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Center for Financial Studies Deutsche Bank Prize for Financial Economics, 2013
- Infosys Prize for the Economic Sciences, 2012
- Global Indian of the Year Award, NASSCOM, 2011
- Bernhard Harms Prize awarded by the Kiel Institute for International Economics 2010
- Financial Times/Goldman Sachs Best Business Book of the Year Award, 2010
- Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences 2009.
- Jensen prize (runner-up) for paper in Journal of Financial Economics, 2006
- Fama/DFA prize for best paper in the Journal of Financial Economics, 2003
- Inaugural Fisher Black Prize awarded by the American Finance Association in January 2003
- Brattle Prize for distinguished paper in the Journal of Finance, 2002
- Brattle Prize for distinguished paper in the Journal of Finance, 2001
- Brattle Prize for distinguished paper in the Journal of Finance, 2000.
- Michael Brennan Award for the Best Paper published in the Review of Financial Studies, 1997.
- Smith Breeden Prize awarded for best paper published in the Journal of Finance, 1994.
- Best Paper Award, Fifth Annual Small Firm Research Symposium, 1993.
- Smith Breeden Prize awarded for distinguished paper published in the Journal of Finance, 1992.
- Treffstz Prize for outstanding academic achievement, Western Finance Association, 1991.
- Gold Medal for academic performance, I.I.M (Ahmedabad), India, 1987.
- Director's Gold Medal for all round performance in the class of 1985, I.I.T. (Delhi), 1985.
- President of the American Finance Association (2011)
- Director of the American Finance Association (2001-2004).
- Program Director (Corporate Finance) at the National Bureau of Economic Research 1998-2010
- Founding member of the Academic Council of the Indian School of Business
- Associate Editor of the American Economic Review, Annual Review of Finance, Journal of Finance, Quarterly Journal of Economics, Journal of Financial Intermediation, Review of Financial Studies, Financial Management (various times)
Remarkably Smartest and the Most Intelligent IITian I’ve ever seen.
Acknowledgement: To get the precise Information I used Sir’s CV and Picture has been taken from Google.
If you have a minute to spare,